View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 12:27 PM   #6347 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
So the Lexus is all buttoned up now and driving well. But I noticed my wheel studs seem to be a little off as seen in the photo (LH front) - they are shifted to one side of the opening as though they were torqued by hard acceleration. I know the Lexus is a V6 but it's not that powerful lol. I managed to get the wheel back on without too much issue but I did have to start threading the lug nuts with the wheel at an angle to keep the lugs from binding. Everything tightened down smoothly and several test drives at various speeds do not indicate any problems. In hindsight I'm thinking I should have taken a dead blow hammer to the studs to see if they were at all loose, although I wasn't able to move them just with my hand.

Any thoughts? Concerns?
It looks like the rotor might not be precisely right for the car. To my half-blind azz, it looks like the space to the one side of each stud is pretty much the same, which leads me to believe it might not be the right one for the car. It should fit without the extra space.