View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
Wow - that sounds like a blast!

I've driven an F-430 on track and loved it. You will to. The 458 is probably my favourite car of all time.

Be sure to ring it out - no pussy shifts at 5K.

Oh, and do remember that MR dynamics in a big-block, powerful car like that are a lot different from your FR Camaro. "SMOOTH inputs" are the words to live by. Rotating the car is a bit trickier when the motor is behind you. If the back end starts to come around, the only things that will save you are countersteer or adding throttle. Choose the appropriate one and it's magic. And corrections need to be followed by a well timed release (or you will discover the meaning of "snap oversteer" in the opposite direction). I don't know if you've ever driven this layout in anger before - it's incredibly rewarding when you get it just right.

Enjoy!

Thanks.... I did the 360 aways back. So I'm vaguely familiar. Have driven a Cayman and 911 a few times. My experiences have been MR has way more telepathy than FR so the dynamics are actually easier than FR. At least from my experience. I'm usually really good at getting my mind wired to the cars driving dynamics and applying the right inputs. It's what makes driving so amazing. Cars are like women. When you become one. Everything falls into place.

Theres nothing like a FERRARI!!!