View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 04:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - that sounds like a blast!

I've driven an F-430 on track and loved it. You will to. The 458 is probably my favourite car of all time.

Be sure to ring it out - no pussy shifts at 5K.

Oh, and do remember that MR dynamics in a big-block, powerful car like that are a lot different from your FR Camaro. "SMOOTH inputs" are the words to live by. Rotating the car is a bit trickier when the motor is behind you. If the back end starts to come around, the only things that will save you are countersteer or adding throttle. Choose the appropriate one and it's magic. And corrections need to be followed by a well timed release (or you will discover the meaning of "snap oversteer" in the opposite direction). I don't know if you've ever driven this layout in anger before - it's incredibly rewarding when you get it just right.

Enjoy!
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote