View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 10:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
tRidiot
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z Sport
tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

Removed Dynaudio mids, had to slightly enlarge the opening on the baffle for the Stereo Integrity TM65mkII:

SI mid in passenger door:

So that's about it... rewired my subwoofers to 0.5 ohms - significant increase in punch. Voltage went from just over 14V to 14.9 solid at idle. If I turn it up, it gets crazy quick, and it will drop the voltage (naturally) at idle. But if I barely up the RPMs, to like 1200, the voltage climbs back to nearly 15 and stays pretty rock solid, even with really hammering bass - the wife came out of the house and gave me some serious stink-eye when I was testing it with Shaggy's "Wild Tonight".

So overall, it was a good upgrade. All new massively overbuilt wiring, prettied it up with a bunch of cable sleeving, 1/0 Big 3, 300+ amp alternator, big Northstar AGM battery, rewired subs to 0.5 ohms, replaced Dyns with SI midbasses.... I think that's about it.

I'm pleased. Now I have a shiteload of tuning to do on BOTH vehicles over the next few weeks/months.
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote