View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 03:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Felix 808
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 PW/Grey T/S 7AT
Felix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond reputeFelix 808 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractionless View Post
My only question is with your fill level post driving. According to post #7 in the thread on the other forum that members says "the dipstick is accurate". I hate assuming and I'm not a member there to ask, but to me that means the tick marks etc on the dip stick should also be representative of our level on the 370Z. Your picture would therefore show it way over filled.
Thanks
Dude you can't just install it & say ok the level marks must be correct because the internet said so. . For one this off of Ebay advertised as from a 2007 350z but for some reason it had this extra little flange that does not apply, so who knows what it's really from but I got it to work. Once you get it in then you can go through the process of checking your level from the inspection overflow hole at 104deg F, which I will do once I drop the pan & install my Trans Temp Gauge. My trans is at the same level it was when it left the lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractionless View Post
My only question is...

Did you check it hot with the engine running as the G35 manual states to do or with the car turned off and the fluid hot and expanded in the pan and therefore at a higher level?
Thanks
You always check an auto trans fluid level after shifting through the gears so the fluid fills the torque converter & starts to pump pressure/ fluid in the lines.

I checked the level cold for just a base line & it was still above the indicating marks.

Once again YMMV

Μολὼν λαβέ
Felix 808 is offline   Reply With Quote