View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 09:32 AM   #2698 (permalink)
G3RSTY7
Base Member

Drives: Infiniti G37s 6MT
G3RSTY7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
Alex (L-Spec) hasn't had any time to fabricate any new one's. He's been extremely busy. A lot of his spare time is being used on my car. I'll remind him about getting you a redesigned one when he get's back to fabricating them again.
Oh I’m not in the slightest rush or annoyed. Had he never offered, I wouldn’t have asked for a new design. Drilling a few more holes in it helped with the surge and gave me a bit of volume back which I liked. He did respond and expects a couple months

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
What is your goal for switching from a great, reliable BPV to one of cheaper quality? That and do you even know how many cfms an ssqv can flow? The turbosmart dual was used a lot on the water setups prior to my kit and it couldn't flow even close to what was needed.

Plus, I dont know how the HKS will sound on the SC but on a turbo those things sound like a cartooney bird with their high chirps and whistles. The ones I have heard anyway.
I’m big into sound tuning getting my car to sound exactly the way I want. Guess I like the choochoobirds I like the HKS option also because if it doesn’t make me happy on the G I can recirculate it on my WRX (which currently has zero choochoo noises).
Good answer about the CFM flow though that’s exactly the response I was looking for. Found a video of someone running one on a Vortech BRZ though so perhaps it could work