View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 08:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
tRidiot
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z Sport
tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tomorrow I start rebuilding the electrical in my Z...

So I've been wanting to do this for several years. Here are some of the things I'll be doing:

Alternator -

(keep in mind, those RPM ratings are alternator RPM, which I think should be about 2.5x the engine RPM - I'll need to take some measurements and get a slightly shorter belt, probably)

New AGM Northstar battery and KnuKonceptz distribution setup, all 1/0 Kompression terminals:

I'll be doing 1/0 Big 3, then dual runs of 1/0 to the rear, and dual 1/0 power and ground to/from the sub amp. 4g to each of the other 2 amps. Here are the custom engraved terminals:

I've got another custom surprise coming in a few weeks, too - a custom grill set made for my subwoofers, but it'll be a few more weeks before it's done. It's kinda expensive, so I'm doing some of these other projects in the middle and having to make some payments on it. This weekend I'm also swapping in a new 10.1" Android headunit with digital coax output to the DSP in my Tahoe, I may do the same headunit in the Z if it works out, and I'll need to pick up another DSP to take over from my Zapco amps. So, I'll post pics of the grill assembly when it gets here.

It's going to cover over these:

I guarantee it'll be the only one in the world. lol I think it's gonna be SWEEEEEEEET...

Last edited by tRidiot; 07-25-2019 at 08:28 PM.
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote