View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 02:48 PM   #2697 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3RSTY7 View Post
Now that I’m done with my flex tuning, all I have to do is prepare for a 2300 mile round trip Denver-Los Angeles (cuz you can’t say your car is reliable until you’ve driven it through isolated desert hundreds of miles from decent civilization). And decide what’s next.
I haven’t seen anybody run a BOV other than the TiAl, any reason? I’m looking into running a HKS, and aside of doubld checking flange size and spring rates are compatible I don’t see why not.
Anyone to stop me? I need a HKS in my life anyways so even if it doesn’t work well on this, I’ll put it on a different car
Because Tial is top of the line in performance and quality and made in the US. HKS was good when they were HKS U.S.A. but since they sold to China their quality and reputation has gone to ****.

What is your goal for switching from a great, reliable BPV to one of cheaper quality? That and do you even know how many cfms an ssqv can flow? The turbosmart dual was used a lot on the water setups prior to my kit and it couldn't flow even close to what was needed.

Plus, I dont know how the HKS will sound on the SC but on a turbo those things sound like a cartooney bird with their high chirps and whistles. The ones I have heard anyway.

Last edited by TopgunZ; 07-25-2019 at 07:53 PM.
TopgunZ is offline   Reply With Quote