View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 08:17 PM   #41 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of men in this generation straight up won't size up to learning how to drive a stick, period. I totally get it when it involves a crammed city with hills, but a lot of men are completely shy of approaching a manual to start. Society is different. Men and cars don't have the same association as before, especially when costs of living can keep people from owning cars in general.

I won't...discriminate, but if anyone starts bragging about their auto, they just sound incredibly silly. On the flip side I don't see that anyone should brag about a manual. They can say it's fun and why they like it, but in modern day where a DCT has performance superiority, there's nothing to brag about. Maybe one's own driving skills, but there will be a day where being able to drive a manual is like saying you can do that swords-down-your-throat trick. Cool, kinda hardcore, but doesn't really...prove anything useful for yourself and society.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote