View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 08:26 PM   #37 (permalink)
shadow85
Track Member

Drives: 15' 370Z A/T AMM TT
shadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond repute

UPDATE:

Ok I have finaly spoke to the alignment centre to discuss the results of my report.

1. Caster difference of 1°
They told me that this is the absolute norm for our Adelaide roads. Apparantly it is set this way on all cars because our roads have a slope on the left side of the road because of alot road crown here. They told me that even cars from factory here are released with that sort of caster difference. He said the only time they make caster equal is for track or drag cars, so the difference on my result is normal for street use.

2. Toe-out 0.1
For this matter they told me that for a drag setup they want the car to be as close to 0 toe as possible. And on my result that 0.1 is actually 0.001mm or something like that so there really is no toe-out at all. They rekon if they adjusted in the other direction slightly it may have jumped to 0.5 toe-in so thats why they left it at -0.1.

They said when I bring the car back in they may decrease the difference in caster slightly incase my car is more sensitive to the 1° difference and check the toe bolts have not loosened which caused the alignment to shift. They will compare results from the day the car left to what it is now.
Any thoughts in this?

Last edited by shadow85; 07-19-2019 at 08:28 PM.
shadow85 is offline   Reply With Quote