View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 09:08 AM   #32 (permalink)
shadow85
Track Member

Drives: 15' 370Z A/T AMM TT
shadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks chuck.

I started learning about the alignment settings today. Yep, getting familiar with camber, caster and toe-in/out effects because 2x motorsport alignment shops failed to educate me on it even though they both were in the $$$ price range of alignment services and were happy to take the money. The only thing they left me with, is come back if you have trouble.

I know I went into this adventure without much knowledge into the Z platform or even cars itself mechanically, I was hoping that if I pay the price I could have the professionals sort me out. Isn't that their job and what they charge so much for down here? I didn't go to any cheap workshops or budget friendly workshops, they were all the most reputable and pricey ones. So I was hoping that my hard earned money would be enough to see me through whilst I slowly learn about each little thing, but apparantly it has still proven to be more difficult than that.

But I did learn a great deal thus far, much of it thanks to you guys.

Oh I did not blindly buy parts and throw them on the car, I researched almost all the parts I bought minus a few such as the SPC upper camber arm. And I gave them to the professionals to throw on, and they all told me that everything I bought was of high quality stuff.

Yes you are rite, I have spent alot on parts and almost as much on labor and more than the car itself. I am nerly at 2011 GTR money down here. If I had of known how hard it would be to build a Z in South Australia before I would have just saved for that GTR lol.

Oh, and whilst the car is having stability issues I won't be turning TC off, so I won't hit a tree lol. I hit a curb one time because I had it off briefly and since then I do not turn TC off anymore, not until I am certain it won't lose control in a straight line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
. Get a good alignment from a shop that works on track cars.
I honestly thought I have been trying that already ?
Both the alignment shops I went to already, had a repuation for track cars and they both directly told me in FB messenger they do drag setups frequently. I am unsure if I made that clear or not in a previous post, but I feel like I don't have much choice down here now. Anyways, imma get the required SPL parts and retry another alignment from one of BGVT8s reccommended guys.
shadow85 is offline   Reply With Quote