View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 08:16 AM   #605 (permalink)
johnnydrama
Track Member

Drives: Nismo & FPace SVR
johnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to johnnydrama

I don't have the graph or video yet from the Dynosty team but I know they are busy and will get around to it when they are able. But, thought I would go ahead and share my thoughts and opinions.

I'm bumming a little bit quite honestly. 351whp is a great result for N/A on pump 93 octane, don't get me wrong. And I should probably pull my head out of my ***. However, going into this I thought I would definitely be at or above 360whp.

I was at 341whp last may and added the following that could or would have an impact to whp rating:

-Upgraded Z1 Race intakes from standard
-Z1 Ported Lower Intake manifold
-Dewla Air Intake Guide
-Z1 2-Piece Lightweight Rotors
-JWT Cams/Springs and other supporting mods

The real kicker is that I actually lost 1-2 ft. lbs. of torque, which has me scratching my head more than anything. Even installations that didn't pick up much WHP always seemed to yield better torque ratings. And I can feel it, down low and in the midrange, more than ever the power is up top despite not raising the redline at all.

So I have a lot of questions right now. Did poor weather 92 degrees and 90% humidity have something to do with it? Are my throttle bodies a choking point? Is e85 the real star? Should I have another tuner take a stab at it?

Just to be clear as well, I do not regret doing this installation at all. I was already extremely pleased with the power this car was making and 400 crank HP was my goal all along. I'm interested in squeezing every little bit out of the car and the money and/or time to do so was not an issue. That said, I think I would be hard pressed to recommend it at this point based on the results. The car does sound better and is a blast to rev out. 350whp is a nice round number as well, and I'm sure a lot of guys would give a lot to get there so I don't want to come off as negative. Just was surprised it didn't do a little better is all.
johnnydrama is offline   Reply With Quote