View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 07:20 AM   #31 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Shadow, please don't take this the wrong way but you really need to educate yourself better. I'm not talking about just asking questions on this forum. Learn what all of the alignment settings are telling you, and why they are causing the unwanted behavior. You've had a hard road on this build. Some of it is that you're in a place without a lot of support for a boosted Z, but a lot of it is that you went into this well short of the knowledge level you need for this project to have a happy ending. You need to bring yourself up to speed. Talk to the local autocross and track guys guys. Go on amazon and buy a bunch of books. I recommended Corky Bell's book on turbos before. There's a lot to read on handling as well. Some of the books are older, but physics is physics. You need to know WHY things are happening, not just what part the internet says you need to buy. Not all problems are solved by blindly buying parts and throwing them at the car.

Honestly, become BGTV8's best friend and sponge all of the knowledge you can off him. You can still salvage this project, but you need to study your *** off. My rough math has you well over $25k in parts in US prices, not to mention the shipping and currency differences. I figure you've spent more on mods now than the car itself. You're invested very heavily so you need to bring yourself up to speed before you end up having wasted a ton of money and time (or before you launch a very powerful car into a tree and end up crippled or dead).

You decided to start this game on hard mode. You're in it too deep to punt now. Get a good alignment from a shop that works on track cars. Read a bunch of books. Go get track time with an instructor riding shotgun with you. Become an expert. Work on the car yourself so you know how things fit together and why they do what they do.