View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 09:39 PM   #5499 (permalink)
Spoiler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21 Supra -Blk/Red
Spoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leingod View Post
Offer on house was declined. Apparently my single request for an inspection was to much for the seller and they went with a lower offer without an inspection.
Lein,

It was certainly a good idea to ask for it then. They knew they were hiding something.

Consider this a huge win. You may not have got the house, but you protected yourself. Certainly make sure you continue to request that on future offers.

The main contingencies aka “escape clauses” are:

Satisfactory Home Inspection
Satisfactory Termite Inspection
Satisfactory Mechanical Inspection
Satisfactory Septic Tank Inspection
Satisfactory Radon Test results
Ability to secure financing
Completed sale of an existing home

Always include whatever might be the appropriate contingency language in your area to protect yourself from some potential high cost repairs and/or future liability

I am both a GC and a home inspector on the side and also I wrote contracts for 30 years to limit liability (aka: risk aversion) on major industrial projects. I have also sold about 6 homes myself now.

You did the right thing... good job... I don't care what EW says about you...

E

Last edited by Spoiler; 07-16-2019 at 10:49 PM.