View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 09:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
SPDKING
Base Member

Drives: 14' Nissan 370Z SP
SPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car shut off after driving hard

So, I think after doing some searching I know this is a common issue with our cars that I unfortunately overlooked. I made sure I covered all my bases by solving the CSC issues, braking issues and oil cooing issues. I just didn't know my year was affected with the fuel starvation problem. My car shut off this weekend and wouldn't start back up until I had to ask someone to get some gas in a Jerry can and bring it back to me to get my car going. Also by hard driving, I mean I was doing donuts and figure 8s for the first time in this car.

My question is, what's the band aid solution to this? I'm not getting a new fuel pump or fuel starvation kit because I'm done with Z's . I'm looking at a 2012 Audi R8 or a 2017 Chevy Camaro 2SS like what I originally planned before I got distracted by the Z again. I've never owned an American car or owned a car that had more than 8 cylinders.

Can I run with a full tank solution and just stop driving like a maniac until I sell the car? Or do I have to drive around with Jerry cans in my trunk now.

Last edited by SPDKING; 07-15-2019 at 09:27 AM.