View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 07:27 AM   #42 (permalink)
Jinxx
Track Member

Drives: 2017 nismo 370z
Jinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
That is not true. I have had both on my car. When a turbo doesn't hit till 3200 rpms there is definitely an on or off feel..100%. When I would shift there was definitely lag in my response with my turbo.

With a Supercharger there is literally zero difference in 2500rpm to 3500rpm as far as a "surge" on power. It's perfectly linear all the way to redline. It just keeps building boost gradually instead of it hitting all at once like turbos.

Turbo - max boost at 3200rpm
Centri SC - max boost at 7500rpm

Explain how a turbo isn't on or off?
Maybe my wording is in accurate ....but at 2500 rpm on a supercharger there virtually no boost ... it does build evenly through out the rpm range which is smooth and strong and yes 3200 rpm on a turbo is when boost comes on ....but ... it you are running the car hard are you really under 3200 rpms when you shift ..no you’re not so where is the lag when you shift above 3200 rpm it’s just a increase in boost/power which is more aggressive ....but I would look more closely at a supercharger boost output at 2500 rpm and compare that to the stock engine out put ..very little if any difference ...in a larger v8 motor yes there would be more of a noticeable increase at a lower rpm.....and when I referred to having both I wasn’t meaning at different times on my car I had two cars with both at the same time and believe me I compared them closely back to back to decide on which to keep ...comparing my supercharger dyno 3k rpm was only 1lb of boost sooo at 2500 rpm more or less nothing

I guess more accurate way of putting it would be in a supercharger you can floor it and have a consistent increase of boost .....but in a turbo if you floor it the boost increase can be instant to max ...hence the sudden “on” feeling ..I have gotten use to controlling it with the pedal ....and for his needs the supercharger would fit him better

Last edited by Jinxx; 07-13-2019 at 08:38 AM.
Jinxx is offline   Reply With Quote