View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 12:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
Corsairprime
Base Member

Drives: 14 370Z Nismo GM 6MT
Corsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rewire completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsairprime View Post
Metra 70-7553? Does it have the SWC wiring as well? For $11.42 +tax on Amazon, it is not a bad deal. I'll snap one up and see about a rewire. I'll post the results.
Got the Metra 70-7553. Did the rewire. Used extra pins from my other Harmony audio harness to connect the SWC inputs. Great results. Audio levels are now normal. Big thanks to Bigaudiofanat. For a simple HU replacement, still well under $1k, I am very happy the way it turned out. Not alot of effort required to carry this out. Just be able to solder/heatshrink to connect simple wire harnesses together. All the other options (camera, backup cam...) are cake compared to the base HU install.

DIY is the way to go on this. You will definitely know your system when you are done modifying it.
2014 Nismo #462, GunMetal Grey, GT-R Start Button, AAM S-Line/R-Line intake and S-Line exhaust, Berk HFCs, Osiris Tuned at JoTech
Corsairprime is offline   Reply With Quote