Thread: STS Systems
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #175 (permalink)
KingDavid
Base Member

Drives: A car
KingDavid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsteve View Post
thats cool man, ask lots of questions too. Like how do they keep the long intakes up in pressure or boost or whatever it is, blow off valve or recirculating diverter valve etc.? How do they deal with the lag? Im assuming this will be a TT right? A quick and easy and less expensive TT would be great for price wars here.
I don't know if you prefer to hear fromt hem yourself or what. But to my understanding, the piping diameter is more important than the length overall. It's like a water hose that's been running. You have it running low and then turn the knob all the way to it's max pressure. How quick you turn the knob (turbo) is more important than the amount of travel needed since that can be offset by diameter (intercooler piping). That's essentially how it works.

Well let me ask this, do you understand how a turbocharging system works? It's not like a blow-dryer shooting pressure through a mile long tube. It's more like us taking a straw and blowing through it. The amount of air turbos tend to produce are insane.
KingDavid is offline   Reply With Quote