View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 08:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Brendan
Track Member

Drives: Poor man's Porsche
Brendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond repute

With a true type rear suspension, it makes the motion ratio very close to 1 to 1. If you ran a 750lb/13k rear with the divorced set-up, that would put you at a natural frequency of about 2.00 hertz. If you were to then run that same spring with a true type rear, that bumps things up to over 3.00 hertz. Based on my calculator, you would need to go back down to 7-5k or 400lb to 300lb spring range if you wanted the rear to feel the same as when you were running the divorced set-up with 13k/750lb springs. I don't know how aero effects this as I have been focused on autocross, but I imagine you need to run on the stiffer end of the range since you have a force pushing down on the car.

I would love to see what he comes up with. Have my math checked so to speak.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote