View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
dts3
Track Member

Drives: 08 Expedition
dts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Akebono upgrade question

I have two questions that I'm looking for clear confirmation on. I feel like I've seen conflicting info, so I want to just ask in a straight-up yes/no format to make sure I'm understanding.
  1. I ordered my pads and rotors from RockAuto. I'm thinking that I want to stick to the OEM brake lines. From what I've read the base brakes have a multi piece design with a hard line around the back of the control arm (I like this). If I stick with my stock lines, I believe that all I need is the shorter banjo bolts, and I can keep everything else the way it is. Is this correct?
  1. My understanding is that Z1's premium stainless lines can not be used when upgrading from the base brakes; your car originally had to come with the sport brakes. Is this correct?
dts3 is offline   Reply With Quote