View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 08:00 AM   #83 (permalink)
fork
Base Member

Drives: 18 370 ST Blue Pearl
fork is on a distinguished road

I recently had this problem pop up on me after I had been running the SC set up for about 4 months/3000 miles. I cleared the code, turned the car off for a couple minutes and turned it back on and the problem was resolved. It happened about 3 weeks later and I cleared the code and turned the car off and on to solve the problem. I thought that the problem might have been the Stillen TB wire extensions were being pinched from the steel fuel line inlet into the fuel rail (the Stillen instructions have you bend the fuel inlet line near the pulsation damper and redrill the hole on the mounting bracket. I followed directions and although nothing seemed pinched, it was still tight).

I have the Topgunz SC kit which included the three Stillen extension cables (two long cables for the MAFs and one short one for the TB). Because of the location of the MAF in Topgunz's kit, I only needed to use one of the long cables and the short cable for the TB. I swapped out the short TB cable and have been using the long MAF cable for the TB connectors. Both TB and MAF connectors are identical. It has only been two weeks but no problem yet.
fork is offline   Reply With Quote