View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 07:30 AM   #146 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

At this point, my in-laws showed up with my nephew, so I had about a 2 hour break (there was also a brief but torrential downpour during that time so it was convenient). Moved my stuff back in the garage, wrapped the sensitive parts of the QJ in plastic, and walked my nephew through basic weight lifting. It went well - he almost fell down stairs after squats, so he did it right.

By now, it's way later than I'd hoped, and I haven't started the stainless steel lines. I gave that a quick attempt, but I'm having trouble breaking loose the existing lines. Ok, losing daylight, that's going to have to wait for another day.

Put the rotors back on, calipers in place. Ran through the DIY using the Motive Power Bleeder and the Longacre bottle. Simple! Maybe I should've used this kind of setup for bleeding my clutch? Hmm. Experienced people welcome to chime in. (DIY here - DIY: How to Bleed Your Brake Fluid Using Motive Power Bleeder 0117 (AK370Z))

Pics of finished product, front and rear. Don't mind my stock rims, they'll be replaced when I go to something wider for FI.

Bedded in the brake pads yesterday. Drove to work today. Everything does what it should, the way it should. Feels firm and responsive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9 - rear slotted rotor.jpg (282.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 10 - front slotted rotor.jpg (314.4 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by JLarson; 07-01-2019 at 07:40 AM.
JLarson is offline   Reply With Quote