View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 10:56 AM   #86 (permalink)
TheWeatherman
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370Z 6MTw/Sport
TheWeatherman is on a distinguished road

Hey ChrisSlicks, thanks for posting that C&D article. I see that Nissan/Infiniti has that throttle cut feature. For some reason, mine didn't do that. It was pulling faster with my foot on the brake. Here's the catch, I didn't slam on the brake, I just hit it light/moderate. (I was getting close to an exit on a 55MPH highway. I just hit the clutch and coasted down the ramp after I could feel the car pulling on me. It was speeding up over 60MPH with no cruise and no foot on the gas.) I wonder if there's a threshold of cutting the throttle. As I came to my first stop, I was revving over 4,500 RPM without any let-off on the RPM. Of course I knew to just hit the clutch and let the car do it's thing. It didn't feel very nice trying to have a decent start and burning the clutch though. I'm pretty sure if I would've popped it, the wheels would've slipped a bit... That's how much throttle was being applied to the car as I was taking off. She was on a mission, and that mission was to keep on revving. I still haven't heard a peep on what happened. Your C&D article makes this even more bizarre. I'm still positive it wasn't my floormats because when I got to my first "revved" stop, I pulled my floormats away from the pedal. I really just thought it was my mistake. 4,500 RPM is really up there. I started taking a video after I restarted the car twice. That was about 8 minutes after the 4,500 RPM events. Just trying to put it all in perspective for you.
TheWeatherman is offline   Reply With Quote