View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 06:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
tRidiot
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z Sport
tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

Guessing your new headunit (Android-based?) has low-voltage pre-outs which have trouble driving your Bose amp to its power limits. You could try having a line-driver put in, if you go with an aftermarket amplifier, you might need new speakers, too. I don't know anything about the factory Bose setup in the 370, but in previous vehicles I had seen with Bose setups (including my Tahoe) the Bose speakers were odd impedance and didn't play well with most aftermarket amps, either.

So... a line driver would boost your preout voltage to the Bose factory amp.

OR

An aftermarket amp (and possibly speakers, too) would possibly be more able to utilize a relatively low preout voltage we often see on some of these Android-based headunits.
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote