View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 11:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyZ View Post
About to pull the trigger on a Seibon TS hood. Anyone have experience with THMotorsports? They're a forum sponsor and gave me a very attractive discount - mostly bc they have to ship the hood a mere 30 miles lol.

Also, hood pins. I'm assuming Aerocatch. Should I go with the recessed version? I'm definitely having a shop install these.

I'm going to have the hood painted to match the car after the summer. Does this impact the type/coating of rivet I should have used for the pins?

Is there anything else I'm missing?

Thanks in advance folks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
On previous Z’s I have had the wet version Seibon TS hood for street and other style dry carbon fiber hoods as well. Overall I would say Seibon hoods have excellent quality carbon fiber and gel coating. Fitment was great no issues with fitment. As for dealing directly with Seibon Carbon I was not impressed with their customer service in my experience and they were always trying to charge you as much as they can and customers beware they have a restocking fee of 20% so, be careful what you purchase from them they will not wave their restocking fee. Honestly I seen no reason for the hood pins I never had an issue with the hood flying off my Z or the hood shaking like it was going to come apart. Get hood pins for peace of mind if you really think you need it. At the tracks I have visited before I have seen 130-140+ mph and I have never had any problems. I installed the Aero Catch Carbon Fiber version hood pin kit before installing is just time consuming. Aero Catch is the only brand hood pin kit I would really consider using the Seibon hoods. Definitely use the Password JDM backing plates though they are well worth it. If you can not do the installation yourself have a shop you trust do your install. Shop around if you are interested in purchasing a Seibon hood and even check eBay their preferred vendors have deals on their hoods.