View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 12:45 PM   #47 (permalink)
Zyonara91
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010-Red-6spd-S/T
Zyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond repute

Banks and insurance companies are scum though, lettuce (haha) be serious for a second. While I am against committing all type of frauds, insurance companies are quick to take your money, slow to pay you out. Think about it you pay a monthly amount and you may never use your insurance. If I pay $250 per month, over five years that's $15k I've paid and never made a single claim. . . Where's my "Good job bud here's a massive discount"?. That's just auto insurance. How about home?.

I get it people commit insurance fraud day in and out, and let me tell you this, these companies don't give a single **** if the rates push you to the point where you can't afford them and are forced to sell your car or take public transport. For companies, they only care about the bottom line, not you. Again not a legit reason to carry out fraud BUT, you should learn to play the game well. Always shop for rates, always give them hell over the phone (politely) and so forth.

Mom drives a old school Benz. Not a single spec of rust, it's a 2006, driven through every single winter. Mechanically sound and maintenance has been taken care by me since she's had it. UPS truck comes along a few months back and hits the Merc from behind. Insurance claims the damage is more than the FMV of the auto and says it's a write off, that or we can take the amount it's worth minus the salvage and do whatever needs to be done. Bravo.

She's never had a accident or tickets, insures two other cars and a house and has been a customer for over 10 + years. Where's the break? No where. The amount they wanted to give us for the write off was 10k, the quote from their chosen garage was 8k from what they could "see" and they would have to strip off the bumper to see if there was more damage. . . Sure. When we asked for another garage they declined.

All in all they care as long as you pay up and could care less amount increasing premiums.

Last edited by Zyonara91; 06-25-2019 at 12:50 PM.
Zyonara91 is offline   Reply With Quote