View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 10:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kirkster
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Roadster of DOOM
Kirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really nice
Default Replacing the SC from a GTM stage 1 kit.

I have one of what was probably the first half dozen or so Stage 1/1.5 kits and have a power steering leak that I am tracking down. Of course to get at the power steering lines I have to pull the supercharger.

As the kit is around 9 years old at this point (with 45K on the kit) I am looking to fix a few things. First off I have some idler pulleys that I think have bad bearings. Second off my Supercharger has knocked intermittently since around 1500 miles after install (only at idle and a blip of the throttle and it would stop knocking for a while). I always said F it and I will replace it when it blows up. Of course it never blew up so now that I have to pull it for the power steering I might as well look into replacing/getting the SC rebuilt.

Anyone replaced the SC? Not really looking to get a bigger unit as I am happy with the current power level and it has been pretty bullet proof except for the dead injector for the entire time I have owned the car/kit...

I remembered SAM saying something about a custom impeller housing which I assume we just swap to the new unit...

Cheers

Kirkster
Kirkster is offline   Reply With Quote