View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 10:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Kirkster
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Roadster of DOOM
Kirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeyl View Post
55K miles 6 years oil change every 2 years.

Problem could be cooler location and poor air flow, running an undersize pulley, or I popped off a oil line 5 years ago at cruse speed turned off the engine, reconnected the line and added oil. Unit was fine until last month. Now its is very loud, still makes boost. One user at the BMW group has had a loud SC for 4 years...

I will be relocating the oil cooler with the new unit. i went up to the C38-91 this time and will go down in pulley size. I get all my parts from URDUSA.com.
I have had mine for 8 years and just about 50 thousand miles and it has been good, but have had a knocking from the SC unit from around 1500 miles on the GTM kit. I could not find it easily so I was just going to run it till it broke but it never did. Now I have a power steering leak and need to pull the SC to get to the lines so It seems like now is the time to replace or get the SC rebuilt.

Cheers Kirk
Kirkster is offline   Reply With Quote