View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 10:47 AM   #19 (permalink)
Corsairprime
Base Member

Drives: 14 370Z Nismo GM 6MT
Corsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great advice, Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
No, you'd have to add pins for the aswc wiring.
Got the Metra premium audio harness 70-7553 for Nissan and just finished the re-wire. I just want to say big thanks to Bigaudiofanat. It was a simple 5 wire solder swap to make this change. Results as expected were great. I did have to move the 2 SWC cables to the new harness plug. Everything works, audio levels are very well managed now. It is too bad that the original adapter plug manufacturer did not offer a premium audio style plug like Metra does. No matter.

One more thing. I picked up the Sopoby heat shrink solder connectors on Amazon. They worked great for the re-wire. No messy solder to contend with, just a decent micro torch to melt the tiny solder donuts and heat shrink the tubing around the wires. Two birds with one stone.
2014 Nismo #462, GunMetal Grey, GT-R Start Button, AAM S-Line/R-Line intake and S-Line exhaust, Berk HFCs, Osiris Tuned at JoTech
Corsairprime is offline   Reply With Quote