View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 06:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
nis350
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
nis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond repute

there is just a lot of dishonest practices in the auto repair business. I was told by numerous inside sources that it is very common that customers paid for serveries/repairs that were NOT done.

I personally had the bad experiences at the BMW and Lexus dealers. However, I wouldn't blame the manufactures, but rather the dishonest individuals....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Dealers are plenty stupid. I had an Acura that called for 0W-20 (full synthetic and a little pricey). Manual said 5W-20 (semi-synthetic that is a lot cheaper) was ok as an interim oil if 0W-20 was not available but that you had to go back to 0W-20 on the next oil change.

Caught the dealer in a lie about the oil weight they use. They were doing 5W-20 on every oil change and charging the 0W-20 price. I was pretty sure this was the case, and I got photo evidence of it. Service manager was still a dìck about it - instead of acknowledging my complaint he told me I shouldn't have been back there
nis350 is online now   Reply With Quote