Thread: Code P0300
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 04:54 PM   #33 (permalink)
Nikolai.z34
Base Member

Drives: Fairlady Z34 6MT
Nikolai.z34 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEG370z View Post
Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm having same problem.
I bought the 2010 370z roadster last year, very low mileage with only 25,000 km (not miles).
It has same mod as well. Stillen cold air intake and exhaust system (love the sound).
I drove it for about 4k then I get the P0300 code one day randomly. I reset it and didn't get it for a week then it pops back. I talked to a mechanic and he said the same thing that it could be many reasons and I might want to start with the small ones first. He said it might be "bad" gas so I drive until the gas as low as it could then I fill up with a different station and reset the code. It went a full tank with no lights, so I thought I have figured it out. I refilled same station and a few days later same problem. I cleaned the TB and MAF but same thing after a week.
I saw somewhere that it could be vacuum leak and I tested that as well with no issues.

Someone in this thread mentioned it could be vibration. This could be the issue too, when idling I do noticed sometime the engine make a slight vibration that does feel like a misfire because when it does that vibration i noticed a little twitch in the RPM.

Any ideas guys? I am about to order spark plugs to change.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
Hi and welcome to the club ) P0300 is most annoying code I`ve ever seen.
At first dont throw your money randomly to change the parts, buy cheap obd reader and try to shrink the area of search, could be very useful.
Compare maf voltages, injectors duty time, o2 sensors output for both banks 1 and 2.

What I did with no effect:
TB, MAF and MAP cleaning
New spark plugs
Intake vacuum leak test
Fuel injectors test

Than found that MAF voltage for the bank 1 and injectors duty time are higher, also primary O2 sensor readings is different from bank 2.

Finally:
Welding of all joints of exhaust manifolds and cats
new exhaust gaskets everywhere
new primary o2 sensor bank 1
and may be the real reason of a misfire - bank 1 maf tube was so overtighted by the clamp that it was actually squashed. So less maf tube diameter - wrong readings. Bought and installed new maf tubes.

Problem solved.

PS: check the oil pressure, probably its a broken gallery gasket.
Nikolai.z34 is offline   Reply With Quote