View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 04:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hot Rod 370 Z
Base Member

Drives: 2016 Z51 Vette
Hot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyZ View Post
Nissan switched to 0w-20 because it improves gas mileage by a teensy tiny bit, and thus helps them meet regulatory emissions goals. Lots of innovation in the past few years by the manufacturers with regards to tweaking oils and adding proprietary additives to help boost MPG.

That's why I stick to 5w-30 ester oil. The manufacturers are focused on MPG/emissions, not whether the oil is best for engine longevity.

Said it once, say it again: it is in the car makers' best interests if your car dies after the warranty expires.
Well said, that is why I try to do as much as I can myself. Cheaper and I know the work was done right. That being said there are just some things you have to visit you local dealer on because their not DIY friendly. Oh I remember the days that a tune up was plugs, points, condenser, timing adjust then adjust carburetor your done. But only for 10,000 miles and you had to do it all over again. Cars are better now a days...
Hot Rod 370 Z is offline   Reply With Quote