View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 01:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
bthomas87
Base Member

Drives: 94' GMC Sierra
bthomas87 is on a distinguished road

I've owned a couple 370z's and from my previous experience...
Bought both of them New.

(Notchy shifting feel)
Normal, and one of things I liked about how it shifted

(Wheel bearing/rotor going bad(how do I tell exactly?)) Jack up that side and try see if there is any play in the wheel when you try and shake it around. If it shakes its bad and needs replaced, no shake.. something else in the suspension/steering that should be checked by someone who knows what it's all about.
Also could be the factory brake rotor is bad, to me the OEM rotors suck and didn't last past 25k miles on either of my Z's. I upgraded to Z1 2 piece rotors and some quality pads.

(Ticking feeling when clutch is depressed/inconsistent little tick (Mas Cyl maybe?)
Felt that before in both my Z's and I ignored it, never had an issue.

(A slight "click" when letting clutch engage)
Where's the click coming from?
Mine was clicking and it turned out to be the U joint, which is under warranty and there's also a tech bulletin out in it for dealers and shops, they just rotate it 180 degrees and it goes away.

(Bottom low running lights are all out aside from 1 (After market I believe)
Check the wiring, if aftermarket it's ify... OEM replacements are $$$$$!

(What oil should I be using? (I stay in Mid-Michigan))
Very controversial and touchy subject there.
Just use name brand synthetic.
I live in Cincinnati and I just used the OEM recommended 5w-30 and I changed it religiously every 3k miles, and after every trip to the track/strip.

Keep in mind, the Z is a true sports car (old school sports car by today's standards) and it's gonna make noises and you'll be able to feel the car working when you drive it.
That's what makes these cars so fun. Enjoy it!

Last edited by bthomas87; 06-18-2019 at 01:10 PM.
bthomas87 is offline   Reply With Quote