View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 10:53 AM   #2679 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3RSTY7 View Post
I’m at 8PSI with 9lb pulley and Si. Elevation plays a factor but no leak pretty sure we tested when I was at 7lbs with stock 8lb pulley. Sounds like turtle’s filter is giving a huge drop.
How long have people ran with no filter just screen? The idea terrifies me with rubber belt dust getting in boosted piping seems like a matter of time before it finds it’s way through the valves into cylinder but clearly huge gains to be had.
I remember somebody explaining something I believe to Patrick about if you change to small pulleys it can over power the filter somehow decreasing boost? Don’t remember but elaborate if that phenomenon rings a bill.
Anybody tried doing their own tunes? I would play around with pulleys and filters more if I could be tweaking my own tunes otherwise it’s too much of a hassle
If you're getting belt dust then you've got belt slippage and it must be coming from the serpentime side if you're concerned about it getting sucked into the sc. I'm more concerned about contaminates getting sucked through the intake system and gunking up the mafs and throttle bodies. For the same reason I have my oil changed more often.

If you're concerned about running just the screen you could get it tuned with the screen and then install a pre-filter for daily use. The pre-filter I tried (Filterwears) cut my boost by 5 psi but it can be removed in about 10 seconds if you want to increase your boost level for race situations.

I don't remember anyone mentioning anything about too small of pulleys over powering the filter but I'm old and my memory isn't that good (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it)

You have to be certified by Ecutek if I'm correct in order to be able to use their tuning software and most tuners lock their tune so you wouldn't have access to it without their permission.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote