View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 08:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

I know exactly what you’re are talking about, as this happened with my ‘07 Z. There is a temp solution but a pain in the @$$, and will be better off replacing the latching mechanism part. Correct me if I’m wrong but what you are experiencing is where you’re trying to close the trunk but will not lock, and when you push down the hatch, it doesn’t catch and comes back up correct? Temp solution (also if you are going to replace) is where you remove the weatherstrip, take off the top plastic black piece and unscrew the locking mechanism piece. Take this piece apart as well, and you should see plastic gears/teeth and is jammed up. Unjam, put back together, and re-install, until it jams up again. For the locking mechanism part, you will need small Philips head, like the ones you use to repair glasses. Take your time, as doing it the wrong way will result in locking/latching, but unable to release the hatch.

Just keep in mind this is a temp solution and even if you unjam, it will jam up again, and replacing will save you a lot of time and worry.

Search it under my350z.com and there will also be pictures on what to do/look for.

Last edited by vtec to vvel; 06-17-2019 at 08:57 PM.
vtec to vvel is offline   Reply With Quote