View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 12:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilPenny View Post
Alright guys, this is my first post on the site. I've been waiting a while now so lets get to some of the questions I have about my car.

I picked up a 2012 370z sport touring a couple months ago with 50k miles. It is now my summer daily and I have an old man 2002 concorde limited for winter..nice and cozy.

There's a lot I have to talk about, but here are some questions/concerns

-Notchy shifting feel
-Wheel bearing/rotor going bad(how do I tell exactly?) I have the wheel bearing but would like to know where to order good rotors. Not the cheap kind that rust..such as a simply COATED metal.
-Ticking feeling when clutch is depressed/inconsistent little tick (Mas Cyl maybe?)
-A slight "click" when letting clutch engage
-Bottom low running lights are all out aside from 1 (After market I believe)
-What oil should I be using? (I stay in Mid-Michigan)

Much more to come. Any help would be awesome, thanks!
https://www.amazon.com/TRQ-Bearing-M...12+Nissan+370Z

Wheel bearings. At that price, do both at the same time.

Since there are lots of unknowns on this car (unless you knew the previous owner), I'd consider clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, CSC, CMC and pilot bushing as either a winter project (presuming you have the room and are mechanically adept or know someone) or finding a reputable shop that will let you bring your own parts. I'd do that sooner, rather than later.

Advance Auto Parts sells the painted rotors in stock sizes. If there are none there, check with the other retailers. You will pay a little more at a parts store, but again, compare with Z1 (be sure to add shipping, them jewels are hefty)

Change the trans fluid and differential fluid to Redline, or Motul. Lots of threads/discussion on many threads. Search is your friend.

Congrats on the car. Good luck and be careful out there.