View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 12:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Corsairprime
Base Member

Drives: 14 370Z Nismo GM 6MT
Corsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond repute
Default I get your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
Wait are you saying you used that harness with a bose system? Big no no, you're pumping a amplified signal into the bose amp which is amping it again. So you're sending a massively clipped (distorted signal) to your speakers. They won't last very long.
I get that. But, there are app controls that can help you to control the output levels coming from the Android HU. Agama Car Launcher is one. I use this to control output level when I need to. I really do not have a distorted sound quality. If I do tear it all up, then a gut and speaker rebuild is warranted and justified. For me this is about a budget build and live with the choices. I am not out a great deal of cash for this setup. I like how it worked out.

By default, absolutely, it could eventually tear up my speakers. For now I am happy to live with the compromise that the additional app controls offer. I will say that this may not be for everyone, but it does work with all of the factory wiring and is controllable. Do not fear for your setup. By the time you start down the HU replacement road, it never is a single destination journey. I fully expected to do the speakers and amps at some point. Been down this road many times. But I do appreciate the note of caution.
2014 Nismo #462, GunMetal Grey, GT-R Start Button, AAM S-Line/R-Line intake and S-Line exhaust, Berk HFCs, Osiris Tuned at JoTech
Corsairprime is offline   Reply With Quote