View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 08:23 AM   #114 (permalink)
Hot Rod 370 Z
Base Member

Drives: 2016 Z51 Vette
Hot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuuraRG View Post
I was annoyed that he seemed upset over the Z not including rear seats for the price. Bringing up rear seats as a comparison is ridiculous, as anyone who's tried to use the rear seats in a Mustang will attest to them being quite useless outside of a backpack. Regardless of price, sports cars don't need rear seats! It's not a selling point for a sports car! He complained about the lack of a storage compartment behind the driver's seat. It's a driver-focused design with elements accessible to the driver. The gauge clusters are a staple of the Z brand - we all know the clock is redundant! The digital screen is old, but neither of those things negatively affect what the car is made for.

Yes, the NISMO, is overpriced if purchased new today, but I don't know anyone who's purchased it new. He complained about the NISMO/Z badge in various places on the car, but didn't complain about that same treatment on the Koenigsegg Agera he reviewed last year. He was actual quite fond of that on the Agera, which contradicts his own opinions. It shows that he's quite unfairly biased in his "reviews", didn't know a lot about the NISMO, and shouldn't be taken seriously.

It's a 10 year old enthusiasts car with no nanny assists, and I don't miss any of that. Just wish the NISMO started at 400WHP NA...
I agree with everything above. By the way my definition of a sports car is a "2 seater" Anything with 4 seats "even if not usable" is a muscle car !!! Nothing wrong with muscle cars, you just can't compare the two. As far as many of the big name reviewers have said, QUOTE - Z is old and needs new body style. The Z car is no different than the Corvette C3 body style that ran from 1968 all the way to 1982... Thats 14 years and the car still was appreciated and sold well. Then C4 corvette ran from 1984 to 1996, that is 12 years and that car sold well also. Not knocking Corvette at all as I owned an 81, 92, and 2002 Z06. When a manufacturer has a body style right, they can afford to leave it alone and just refine. In any event I do look forward to new styling from Nissan in the future. Hot Rod Z
Hot Rod 370 Z is offline   Reply With Quote