Thread: Tickets!
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 02:08 AM   #47 (permalink)
Gaiiden
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Touring 6sp
Gaiiden is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Gaiiden Send a message via AIM to Gaiiden Send a message via MSN to Gaiiden Send a message via Yahoo to Gaiiden Send a message via Skype™ to Gaiiden
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
About 25 years ago. Going to the drug store(the legal one). Pulled over for going to fast,60 in a 45 zone. Got wrote up for, over the speed limit. Plus, expired registration. Plus, no insurance. Plus, driving with out my license(I had left my wallet at home). Total cost was close to $400.00. The a#s reaming I got from my wife, priceless!
I once hit a curb avoiding an idiot in front of me slamming on his brakes and sliding through a turn, and realized I had left my jacket at home when I swapped my bike jacket (with wallet in it) with my regular jacket going back out. The police came, and of course I was freaking out since I realized just then I didn't have my wallet. I called my mom and had her bring it to me since I wasn't too far from home and the cop was cool about it. Generally if you bring your license/insurance to court and prove you have current papers, they'll toss the tickets and just charge you the court fee.

One time I got pulled for speeding and the cop told me my insurance had expired - I hadn't realized! But I told him my parents handle it and never gave me a new card, and that it was still current. He gave me a speeding citation and that was it. I was hoping he was going to drop the speeding ticket and let me off with the no-insurance ticket, since that's no points. Oh well, still better than getting both!

Last edited by Gaiiden; 02-03-2010 at 02:10 AM.