View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 12:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Corsairprime
Base Member

Drives: 14 370Z Nismo GM 6MT
Corsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update: Added SW Controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsairprime View Post
I did exactly what the OP is trying to accomplish. The only difference is I am a Nismo 370Z Non-Nav. For wiring the kit I got on Amazon.com is the 'Nissan 370Z 2009-2018 Non-NAV Single/Double DIN Stereo Harness Radio Dash Kit' by Harmony audio. It comes with:

Metra 99-7607B DIN/DDIN Dash Kit for 2009-Up Nissan 370Z (Matte Black):

Harmony Audio HA-707552 Fits Infiniti Nissan Subaru Factory Stereo to Aftermarket Radio Harness Adapter:

and

Harmony Audio HA-40NI12 Fits Nissan Factory Radio to Aftermarket Antenna Adapter:

I get to keep my factory cubby and now have a nice Android HU with all the useful bits you could want. Nav. Streaming Media. Backup Camera... Etc. This may not fit what you are trying to do so please do your homework. The factory Bose Speakers and Sub still function perfectly. Volume control is better attenuated in the Android HU by running Agama Car launcher as needed. Otherwise I am delighted with the results. Should be a factory option on any Double Din dash opening. Cost outlay is really minimal. Just a bit of soldering to get the wiring harnesses done.
Update to this post. I just added the SW Controls to this Android HU install. I bought an additional Harmony Audio HA-707552 adapter and pulled all of the pins out of this to add a couple to the original adapter I installed. This gave me access to the Steering Wheel Control Buttons. There’s only three that are usable, but SRC and Volume Control are my most used functions. I can change this programming any time I need to on the Android HU. About an hours work but excellent results. In all this work I still retain the ability to re-install the original Nissan HU. None of the Nissan wires were cut to make this install happen.

Hope this inspires you to take this project on yourself out there. It’s not that tough. I am still using all the Bose speakers and amp that came with the factory Craptacular HU. If nothing else, I have a better audio setup in my ride that in this day and age should be a factory option. Even if they would offer a factory Bose wiring setup with the speakers and leave it up to the owner to furnish the audio portion, A win in my view.

My two cents....
2014 Nismo #462, GunMetal Grey, GT-R Start Button, AAM S-Line/R-Line intake and S-Line exhaust, Berk HFCs, Osiris Tuned at JoTech
Corsairprime is offline   Reply With Quote