View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 11:43 AM   #2672 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle64b View Post
Data is regarding the supplied filter with the kit.

So to go back to the filter question and R&D. I installed everything, ran no filter, and saw 12.6 psi. My tuner suggested that I put the filter on to protect from grime buildup and we would continue tuning. Yesterday I put the filter on and did some pulls. The most pressure I saw was 7.6 psi, giver or take .5 psi.

To recap:
Filter off: 12.6 psi
Filter on : 7.6 psi

I've had this kit on two cars now and I've threads showing how thoroughly I've searched for leaks or low boost pressure causes. It was this simple all along...

Also, to be clear, this is a fantastic kit! Aaron has done an awesome job! Like everything else, we just find ways to make it more efficient.
You should still be seeing more than 7.6 psi with the stock filter. I was seeing a little over 10 psi with the 9 lb pulley and the stock filter.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp

Last edited by redondoaveb; 06-16-2019 at 11:49 AM.
redondoaveb is online now   Reply With Quote