View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 05:50 PM   #23 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDKING View Post
Ahh, I never knew that. Or, I never noticed that in the oil temps lol. I don't get why they didn't just make it a exchanger out front like most cars? I would imagine a little 10 or 15 row would've been ok for regular non aggressive street use and wouldn't really cost them much in the production process. They could've even have it as a option you can order it with. The stock cooler is like there's none on there at all
Lot of discussion on this.. my dos centavos is, the warranty cost to Nissan far outweighed the benefits of an oil cooler. Bringing the oil outside the motor probably presented too many possibilities of loss.

The heat exchanger works great in warming the engine up faster in the winter though! Only good thing I can say ab it.