View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 09:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Brendan
Track Member

Drives: Poor man's Porsche
Brendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDKING View Post
I ride a bicycle or walk to work, I drive my car for fun on weekends. So I actually spoke with two guys from SPL and they recommended this. Because I now am a owner of coilovers and are now a little lower than stock, I will automatically have more negative camber in the front from stock the second I lower it. So as a beginner, he said I could just leave it alone but pay attention to any uneven tire wear.

For the rear though, he suggested I get the SPL rear toe bolts and rear camber arms to keep things simple and go from there because the 370Z is notorious for losing it's rear alignment and Nissan basically have a weird almost 0 camber in the rear which can make the tires chirp or gives you crappy handling.

What do you guys think about what he recommended?
I really respect your process and attempts to understand the process of modifying your vehicle. I do not say this in any condescending way, but your question has already been answered.

Everyone here thinks you should get a set of front control arms. I would start at -2 degrees for your purposes but to put things in perspective, a lot of us who track or compete with our cars run -3. I would suggest getting rear arms with an eccentric elimination kit. out back i run -2 for clearance but that's up to you.

I dont like to describe overall handling in terms as general as good or bad, but with less rear camber you will get better longitudinal grip under acceleration but less rear end grip when cornering which depending on what you do with the car may or may not be what you want.

Last edited by Brendan; 06-12-2019 at 08:10 AM.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote