View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 04:23 PM   #233 (permalink)
danegrey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 370Z BK Cherry M6
danegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond repute

On Wednesday (6/5) I did a track night at Atlanta Motorsport Park (AMP). Interesting track, not sure how to describe it.
Has some good elevation changes, long sweeping curves. It is not a power/speed circuit. I think more of a circuit that
you can find a nice flow to it.

The night was strange, in that first session it was raining, talk about learning a new track in the rain and trying to figure
it out. So best time was a 2:10. Next session rain had stopped track was wet, was now more familiar with the layout. But
still wet and slick, but knowing where the course layout helped a bit. So time down to 2:02. By the third session track was trying
and a dry line was appearing. So I decided to let it ripe. It felt good, was hard on it Best time of the night
was down to 1:50. So it was fun, but a couple areas need to improve. Actually, it’s a long stretch, from turn 12 to 16. Mainly because going up to turn 12
is a steep climb, then with a sharp right and blind,
the from 13 to 15 a long continues curve, which tests how much you believe in grip, to keep the power on.

It was also interesting that I did not get black flag, why you might ask, they have a 98db sound control. I always wonder what the DB is on my Z, since I have
Z1 headers / Z1 resonated test pipes / FI exhaust
with 18" resonated mufflers. It does sound great at speed. Funny, another 370z was there and said he heard me on the track, that is
why I am so surprised I did not get black flag