View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 05:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
No not a tiger shark. But they borrowed the tigershark design but went their own route with it. I said a derivative. The block only.
Im still very leery. I do not hold any of the parent companies in high esteem, and have not read much to convince me otherwise.

I'll definitely need another 5 years of track record before I bought one, given its lineage and how shitty all the 2017 reviews are.
https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...r-service-bay/

Take the Honda 1.5 vehicles. We didnt know they had serious issues with that engine for over a year, and they sold in massive volumes. A few good reviews on low mileage less than a year old vehicles is far from swaying.

Im just done taking chances on a daily with poor reputation companies or unknowns. My Jeep experience taught me my lesson, lol!

Which brings me back to my first post in your thread. I chose a 250hp cx5 instead of a 280hp Stelvio because going faster by around half a secomd to 60, isnt worth the cost of a vehicle with its reliability track record. I imply the same for the sedan vs whatever alternative is out there. The Guilia just isnt fast or stickey enough in my book to justify it. I tried looking up lap times for it, and it seems to typically slot right around where the 350z does. Hardly worth the headache that I feel like the car would turn into, long term. Frankly, I have no idea why you find the car so appealing. It seems like a fad to me?

Last edited by ImportConvert; 06-10-2019 at 05:35 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote