View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 10:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
SPDKING
Base Member

Drives: 14' Nissan 370Z SP
SPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond reputeSPDKING has a reputation beyond repute
Default Annex Suspension Review

So I was looking for some good coilovers for my Z. I've looked into the Powertrix Road and Track, Fortune Auto 500 and the HKS Hipermax IV SP. Then a member here suggested I check out this new company called Annex Suspension group in Fremont California.

I liked the website and the testing they did for the 370Z. They really go in depth to describe to you what you could be getting before you actually get it. They said they are firm but never harsh, the coilovers are quiet yet gives you tons of grip and stability.

I drove with the guy that got the prototypes for the 370Z and omg I was blown away. I was actually scared of how much the bar was raised from my stock springs and Koni's to the Annex's that this guy had. Braking was insane, cornering was insane and the stability when he was pushing the car to it's limits were insane. I would compare the stock springs and Koni's to a 5 and the Annex's to a 9 in every category. He did let me drive it and it was a completely different car compared to mine which felt relatively stock. I also tried keeping up with him in a cruise. His crusing cornering speeds were my limits to where my car was making the dreaded understeering noise if you come into a corner too hot. I also noted how comfortable they were and quiet, well above the stock comfort level which was nuts.

Then on Saturday I installed the fronts after they arrived, install went smooth like any coilover install but I may have screwed with the preload by accident so I'll have to set it back to how they have it to me. I am avoiding doing the rear dampers and just doing the rear springs because I need to drill a hole in the plastics in the rear hatch for the adjustment knobs. I'll let a shop do it.

I took it out after just doing the fronts and every fault I complained about before WAS GONE. No more dive bombing if I brake too hard, no more dancing in the corners, no more nervous feeling at high speed bumps and no more understeering in the corners. The corner speed and stability was through the roof.

Overall, I love these and highly recommend them to new comers especially since a lot of new guys are afraid that the ride with coilovers will be harsh. These are not plus they don't make ANY NOISE like some other coilovers on the market. I may get the Swift uprades in the future but right now I'm just going to settle in with these and enjoy them!

In one of the pics it showed I disconnect the sway bar. For the new guys that may install this themselves, I highly recommend doing this to make things easier on yourself.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by SPDKING; 06-10-2019 at 11:20 AM.
SPDKING is offline   Reply With Quote