View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sean1125R
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Nismo
Sean1125R is on a distinguished road
Default Do I have a Tune still?

Hey all you Zed heads,

Just picked up a 2010 Z the other day from a used sports car dealership. They were not completely knowledgeable about what upgrades were done besides what they could see.

Easily identifiable upgrades included AEM intake and Fast Intentions cat back exhaust. I asked if they knew or not if it had a tune and they stated they didn't believe it had one. Wasn't like it was a selling point to me though.

CARFAX tells you a lot of great stuff when you purchase their vehicle reports but it definitely does not dive into modifications. The vehicle had a clean history report with only two drivers and pretty low miles. So I happily purchased the Z yesterday.

So this morning I'm digging around trying to track down the past of the Z if possible which I understand is a daunting task. But lo and behold I believe I have found when it was sold by the first owner.

So long story short, yeah I know to late for that, I discovered an old listing for my Z I believe was posted in 2013. Well sure enough it listed every thing on my car and the pictures were an exact match. But here is the kicker it also listed "UpRev Engine Management Software (tuned for 400hp instead of factory 350hp)".

So I pose to you 370Z knowledgeable experts, how do I determine if in fact my Z has been tuned?

Thank you for taking time to read my ramblings for what really was a simple question.
Sean1125R is offline   Reply With Quote