View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 08:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
gbhrps
Base Member

Drives: 2016 RDSTR TS 6spd
gbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond repute

Omb,

Concerning the wiring in our top harnesses, excessively long or short sections of wire spliced into the harness for repairs to broken or frayed wires, can create their own issues.

Solder joints that are too thick or long may not flex at all, or create too much resistance in the line, giving false readings to the top computer (of this I'm not certain, but I think that caution would be the best approach).

Then again, repair lines that are too long may get pinched, or those too short may simply break repeatedly and you're back to square one. So I would suggest, any line repairs be not much longer than the original, certainly not any shorter, and done as neatly as possible with the same wire gauge, in order to keep the circuit board/computer gods happy.

Shrink tubing should be used and top cycling through open and close tested to ensure that the wiring is protected from moving parts. None of this is rocket science, but rather lessons that I've learned from over 50 years of working on cars and motor cycles. (Yeah ... jut hit my 70th birthday last week. Damn, I feel old suddenly!!)

Gene

Last edited by gbhrps; 06-08-2019 at 08:19 PM.
gbhrps is offline   Reply With Quote