View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 09:42 AM   #59 (permalink)
Sway
Track Member

Drives: 2018 GTR
Sway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

AdminTuning Review:

SO! I got my car tuned yesterday...

DISCLAIMER:
(All dyno pulls were done on a Dynojet in 5th because of the 4.08s so the numbers will be closer to stock gearing, but still will read a little low from my understanding.)

I knew for a while something didn’t feel right, a baseline run on the dyno confirmed that as my car with all my mods only put down 279whp and 230wtq which with 4.08s is basically stock... Moncef at AdminTuning basically told me my car had NO timing which is obviously bad, and not good for the motor... it didn’t take him long at all to fix the issue which made the car pick up 20 horses at the wheels... then he began tuning himself and picked up another 11whp. So at the end of the day I picked up +31whp and +31wtq with a very smooth and healthy looking curve. The car feels better than ever! He also toned down the throttle map compared to what it was with my previous tuner, which makes the car smoother and easier to drive, but is still snappier than stock for a perfect balance in my opinion. My throttle isn’t so on/off like it was before... which my mpg went way up on the ride home now with it being easier to modulate the throttle. The final numbers on the car were 310.46whp & 261.01wtq which is a huge improvement and I’m excited for... but doesn’t get me in the 330whp+ club like I wanted.... hmmm what next...

Anywho,
The Good
- Found the issue with my car and fixed it quickly
- Excellent results with increase in hp/tq across the entire graph
- Paitent and answered all my questions thoroughly and with good attitude
- Very helpful via messaging both before and after tuning with him
- Gives honest and helpful advice about current and future planned mods
- Healthy and smoother power curve
- Good/smooth throttle response
- 4 maps including a flame map
- Fair pricing
- Nice shop with a waiting room with A/C
(a lot of Texas shops are in warehouses and don’t have that luxury)

The Bad
- The only complaint I have is I felt the wait time I endured after my scheduled appointment before him getting to my car was pretty excessive... he did apologize more than once though, and checked on me several times offering me water and/or Gatorade. And with the results, I still feel it was worth it and would go back to him for retuning after new mods, and would highly recommend him to any Z owner.

Here’s a link to the Instagram post he made: Please go like, comment, and follow! Haha
Instagram Dyno Video with Flames
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 291C1EC7-B18D-469A-9228-C0DF60E962B8.jpeg (141.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 0B2CB96C-9691-40A1-BF3E-891465F84642.jpg (267.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpeg CC80A899-5586-4383-9A05-A54C94477018.jpeg (195.4 KB, 26 views)
Sway is offline   Reply With Quote