View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 01:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Weapon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z Tour/Sport Blk
The Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weapon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Normal Temperatures After Boost

Hi Everyone,

I can't find much info here but a topic came up in another thread regarding intake temps and was curious what others might be experiencing.

It's been about 6 months since i boosted my car and this will be my first summer boosted in the desert so i just want to make sure i'm not being overly cautious and missing out on driving my car this summer.

I wish i logged all this stuff before installed the turbo to reference a baseline.

Driving Intake Temp +7 to 10* over ambient
In Traffic/Stops will jump to about 125* to 145*F (ambient temp can be in 70 to 100s) Just from the pic below i was at about 70* intake temp before i pulled into my garage and in less than 2 min i jumped to 90*.

Oil - Oil is running cooler than it was when i was NA thanks to the 34 row cooler. Average is about 170 to 200*F regardless of ambient temps. Before the cooler i was usually in 210-220 range.

Water - This is one i wish i really monitored more closely before. In 60*F weather with green coolant i was averaging about 210 to 230*.

I changed it to nissan blue and in 90* to 100* temps my temp dropped to 175* to 210* max.

Fuel Temp -Usually about 5 to 10* over ambient, as the tank heats up it's usually about -10F below the fuel return.

Fuel return - Average 90* to 100F* seen it get has high as 120* as the tank gets under 1/2 full

Something strange i noticed with 91 gas, if my fuel and AIT reached over 110* at the same time my idle would get a little jumpy. With E85 i've seen both hit 118* and the idle was perfect. You gotta love E85.

Anyhow look forward to seeing everyone's responses. And hood vents are in my future for sure as soon as i work up the nerve to cut my hood.

Boosted Performance Comp Turbo - Tuner- CJM Fuel Return- Modified Berk CBE- ZSpeed Stage 4 Clutch - Southbend Flywheel - Tuned by Seb ~650whp - HKS Coilovers - SPL - Focal Audio 4 way Active - Audiocontrol DSP - Work CR 2P
The Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote